MCA Debian questions

This is not a question of the mainstream debian distribution, but it involves
a MCA debian boot disk, so perhaps this is the best place to go.  It's a good
one, anyway.

I have just tested a debian boot disk off the MCA linux web site.  It works on
this machine---an IBM MOdel 65SX donated to our school by a local company,
that has a scsi drive and an IBM SCSI controller.  I had to use the boot
parameter:

                linux ibmmcascsi=7

Now I am trying to install, and suddenly I realize that this isn't going to
work: this disk is about a year and a half old.  So my questions:

-Can I just use hamm install disks now?
-Is MCA now supported anyway in the mainstream new release disks?
-What do I have to do, if neither one of these works.

I'm pretty upbeat about this.  If this works, it'll go far to lending some
credibility to the concept of using linux on our Campus for serious work.
Ie., networking.  Coming soon: PLIP between this machine and my pentium type
machine.

Thank you.

Alan Davis
--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)

AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis

Saipan, MP  96950    15.16oN 145.7oE    GMT+10       Northern Mariana Islands