Re: securing debian

> You can increase the difficulty by setting the bios to only boot from HDD
> and then locking the bios

already done.

>- but if he's smart enough that you have to
> worry about the root password, he's going to know how to reset the bios.

i dont think he'll be able to do that because he dont know much about
computer,but he's fast to learn and he regularly use a chat
software and there's some people in town (6 including me) who use linux
and/or freeBSD so if he dont know how to do a particular thing,he will ask
other how to do it,also,i'll rule out the fact that he can read manpages
because he dont know a word in english (and all the document on my
computer are in english).

> In addition, if you have dos/windoze installed as well, and he can run it,
> he can most likely reset your bios without even taking the case off (use
> one of the numerous bios hacking programs around).

no,i dont have windows on this machine.

> Maybe a bit of botherly agreement is called for here?

done deal here too,it's just that i'm making it sure that he dont find a
breach in our agreement.