Re: securing debian

> You might consider installing the `sudo' package and using that for
> all your root access.  If you do that, then you can change the
> encrypted root password to * in /etc/shadow (you *are* using shadow
> passwords, I hope) and thus it becomes impossible to log in as root.
>
> Ben

does there is a a reference for this package (say a web
page,manual,etc...)it's because i'm a bit nervous to try an unknown (by
me) package and removing any root access (which i can do anyway using the
/etc/login.access,take a look at man 5 login.access for information on
that topic),and yes i'm using shadow password.

thanks.

Alain