Re: can ya believe M$ netshow run on linux

Rick Macdonald wrote:

> > http://buzz.builder.com/) that there was a version of M$ netshow available
> > for linux (among other Unix platform),you can take a look for yourself at:
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/netshow/download/unix.htm
>
> I gave it a try but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> 1) When I click on an asx link, the player pops up but it doesn't
>    seem to download the file. I have to click File/LoadLocation in
>    the player and paste in the url.

Sorry, this problem turned out to be that I put $s instead of %s in the
player setup in Netscape. Streams now load when I click but problem #2
and #3 still apply:

2) The samples that I tried would show the MS local video, then
   either hang or show a picture with no sound, or complain about
   the specified stream being unrecognized.

3) It seems like the Linux download is incomplete. There's just
   the player. The other UNIX downloads, like for Solaris, are
   tar files with codecs, readme, help, etc.

--
...RickM...