Re: PINE Debian Package

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998 Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de wrote:

> I already told you that contrib software has to be 100% dfsg free
> it may only depend on non-free software, but it must not be non-free
> iteself.

If you go back to an earlier message, I say the same thing.  contrib can
be free but might depend on a non-free package.  The point is that
non-compliance with DFSG for a non-free package is not an issue.  I think
it has been pretty much settled.  Debian is free to include a Pine binary
if Debian's diff is submitted to UofW for approval and Debian does not
want to do that.

There is no further point in discussing it.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.