Re: Thinkpad installation question

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Janos A Csirik wrote:

: Hello,
:
: I am trying to install Debian 1.3 on my new TP 560 and I ran into some
: trouble!  I successfully shrank the M$ Win partition, but when I try to
: boot from the rescue floppy (date 1997-10-13), things don't work.  If I
: try to boot without any options, it seems to go through a complete
: power-cycle and gets right back to the same boot prompt.  If I try it with
: the option 'floppy=thinkpad', it says 'Could not find kernel image:t.hin'
:
: Any ideas on what I should try?  (Please cc me a copy of your reply.)

Use the "Tecra" boot disks instead.  See the
"bo/disks-i386/current/special/tecra" directory at your Debian

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104