legal issues (suing debian, pine, et al.)

remco writes,

>[1] You can't sue Debian at all, actually, since Debian is not
>incorporated in any way so legally Debian doesn't even exist. You'd have
>to sue the indivudual maintainers.

It's not that simple.  FIrst of all, didn't debian incorporate about two years
ago?

Secondly, without being incorporated, it wouldn't be just the individual
maintainers at risk.  Exactly how much of the leadership and how far down the
chain of developers liability extended is debatatable, and far from pretty.

rick, esq.

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.