Re: Star Office Anyone Using it?

' ALLAN W. BART wrote:

> hi,
>
> I see that it is available for home usage for free, you can get a cdrom
> for 8 bucks. so how does it stack up against applixware or other packages
> that you know of?
>
> allan bart
>
> --

It's a very good package, IMHO, has all the components you could ask
for.  I like the word processor, the spread sheet is effective.  I
have'nt tried to do any heavy macro writing yet, but it seems to support
them.  The package includes a web browser and e-mail functions.  It also
affords a windows style system overview.  It is huge.  I've heard people
complain about it's speed, but I have no troubles (64mbyte ram, large
swap partition) cause my sstem is configured to handle it.

 I would suggest you give it a try.