Re: Problems in Xwindow

Jario Araujo Silva wrote:

> Hello, Everybody!!!!
>
> I have been install linux Debian 1.3. , but anything wrong.
> The xwindow isn't running. What the problem in my OS?

Hello :)

Well,

As i have expected the some problems while installing Xwindows i can
help you :)

First be sure that you have installed the xbase package with vga_server
and svga_server (svga is necessary if you want to run X using 16,24 and
32 bpp)
Then be sure to know you card model name and how much of memory it is
carying.

--> run xf86config (you can also run XF86Setup for a graphical
interface)

Select your options (be aware to choose a good monitor definition and to
answered 'yes' when xf86config want you to look at the card database.)

All should be ok :)

--
Pierre Dupuis (pdupuis@nordnet.fr)
Music Review (http://home.nordnet.fr/~pdupuis)