Re: COMPROMISE? PINE Debian Package

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> I believe the package maintainer has commented on this thread already and
> seems at least interested in the prospect of a pine-src package which
> would probably end up in slink and hamm-updates.  This may not be the
> simplest solution, but the UoW doesn't want us to have the simple
> solution.

Would this work:

Put the source and diff on the site and make a -src package to build a
.deb as is currently done with qmail.

At the same time, submit the .diff to UofW for approval and AFTER
approval, put a binary in the archive with a provisional agreement that
should an emergency security issue arise, debian could TEMPORARILLY
replace the binary with an emergency secured binary pending the
disposition of the security changes.

In other words, under most circumstances, the binary would not change
until approved by UofW except under emergency circumstances.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org