Re: Fonts in X [Off Topic]

George Bonser writes:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

>> They have no license or the license is ill-formed or very
>> ambiguous. You get the idea.

> The gist of any Microsoft licenses I have ever read have been along
> the lines of:

> "This software is owned by Microsoft, not you.  You have purchased
> the right to run it on one machine and make one copy for backup
> purposes."

Well, since you were not told, neither did you agree with that when
you *bought* (not borrowed, leased, or anything like it) that computer
with Windows bundlend in it, the only one that can be sued is the
vendor -- and only if M$ told him that they where not supposed to
resell Windows, which I don't thinks it's likely to have happened! But
I'd love to see M$ suing every vendor, and waiting to see how many of
them would go on bundling Windows thereafter.

BTW, imagine Coca-Cola company knocking in your door, and telling you
that you do not own the Coke you bought at the supermarket, and so you
cannot do anything they don't want you to do with it.

As I stated before (even though I restate I'm not a lawyer), the
companies (and people) have limits on what and how they can impose on
licenses... One can write anything one wants, but that has not legal
value.

Or I could send an spam like:

"By receiving this email you agreed to install Debian on your
computer, and delete all the other operating systems in it."

How about that?

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com