Re: PINE Debian Package

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > > better.  I am among those who feel this way.  Why is mutt better?
>
> Because it is faster. I still was able to read 30+ MB mailboxes (debian bug
> reports ;) without struggle. Over 7000 messages, and after building and
> sorting the index (which took half a minute on my pentium 100), I have
> instant access to evry mail. And this with only 16 MB RAM.

I have read this thread a bit...after reading this testimony I am very
muchinterested in mutt!
I got mutt and installed it about a week ago...along with pine.
I really like pine so...it will take some convincing to get me over to mutt
there are a few features of pine I like and if mutt has them then I would
be happy to switch to mutt
firstly I need the transparent integration of PGP that I get from pine +
pinepgp scripts
(ok not need but it makes my life a hell of allot easier!)
I know this can be done with mutt....how do I set that up? (are there
any docs on it?)
also...
I am getting used to pine keybindins...and also...the major thing I found lakcing
in mutt was menus
I like how pine has that menu always there
so I can see what commands are available (it helps for quick learning of how to
use it)
also...its nice to have a list of my mailboxes that I can scroll through
the last feature I would really use is the ability to have it automatically move
read
messages into another "folder"
that way I have procmail deliver my messages sorted by folder...
and all I have to do is goto my incomming folder for that list to read it
then if I want an old one just goto th read one
I know some of these features are a bit "extranous" but they make
my life easier (sorry if some of these lines are too long...at work I hafta use
nutscrape for mail)

> I'm not sure... personally I dislike Pine's interface, but that is a matter
> of taste. They don't differ too much anyway.

Well there is no acounting for taste :)