Re: Fonts in X [Off Topic]

Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:

> Stephen Carpenter writes:

> > On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:
>
> >> The point is: they can't demand certain restrictions in the
> >> license, even if you signed a contract (which most users even did
> >> not). But I'm not a lawyer, and won't speak as if I knew better
> >> than I do...
>
> > That is NOT true... they can require anything... signed or otherwise
>
> By receiving this email you agreed to pay $ 500.00 to Luiz
> Zorzella. Send the check to the ... :^>

only if by accepting my check and endorsing the back of it you agree to pay$5,
000, 000 to Stephen J. Carpenter (Ill send my lawyer over with my check
on monday to hand deliver it :) )

> *If* you sign something, the extents of what one can require are far
> greater. If you did not (as most users, when they buy windows), you
> are not consenting on anything but giving money to receive a computer
> with a Windowing system...

I often wonder if upon opening a box of freshly purchased Windows Software(at
that store with the "Closeout - All Sales Final" sign)
if I saw the thing warning me not to open the package of software if I don't
agree
with the licence...and I immediately called microsoft and said
"I just read the little paper and I don't agree with the licence so I
didn't open it...." what they would do (other than be surprized)
think I might get money back..afterall I did buy it...
(or be really absurd and say I bought a CD and request they remove their
software from my new CD)

> If you choose to use parts of what's inside
> (as one ever does, cuz nobody has devices for all the drivers, for
> example), you may do it perfectly legally...

So this would be a case of using their fonts...the best stuff they ever made(well
no...I think fdisk is a great program...most usefull one M$ ever made)
-Steve

> --
> Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
> zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com
>
> --

-=Signature has been removed because it made an unfair comparison between NT 4
and Linux =-
replacement: (ok I admit...I am bored..its a slow day at work)
[sjc@debian ~]$fortune -o
Anything more than 3 shakes is for fun.