Re: mail and nfs

Am Thu, 23 Apr 1998 schrieb lee@sectionIV.com (Lee Bradshaw):

> Make all MUAs setgid disk (6 on debian).  Unfortunately, this will
> need to be redone whenver an MUA is upgraded.

No, not in Debian, see suidregister(8).

> Change the hp mail system to use 8 for group mail

I have here a bunch of NextStep-Systems, one Debian/Linux machine and two IBM RS/6000 running AIX 4.1. I made a new group xmail (111) and set the shared /var/spool/mail and all allowed MUAs and MTAs to that group. You have to check if all these use dot-locking though.
---
Harald Schueler
Universitaet Essen			Tel +49-201-183-2456/2558
Fachbereich 7				Fax +49-201-183-2120
45117 Essen				E-mail hs@ILP.Physik.Uni-Essen.DE