Re: Kernel config

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 12:51:28AM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:
[kernel config]
> > No. You might want to run "make oldconfig" though, which only asks you
> > about options that weren't in your old .config .
>
> thanks :)  just what I was hoping...
>
> One thing, If I do a make [x|menu]config, It will give me all the options
> though right?? (You have confused me over "make oldconfig")

Yes; it'll just take the defaults from your old config.

> Oh and I am compiling it for the fat32 support which is in 2.0.33 right?

It's not in 2.0.33 as distributed on ftp.kernel.org; it has been patched
into the Debian 2.0.33 kernel source package.

> YAFQ: I got the .deb from the hamm tree, It will work in bo??

I don't know. bo is fairly old; a lot of things have changed in hamm.
However, it doesn't hurt to try.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go