Re: Kernel config

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 1998 at 11:13:56PM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:
> > A quick question, If I install a kernel source package, and copy an older
> > .config (2.0.30 --> 2.0.33) into the src tree, and rerun make
> > [x|menu]config , will it cause problems???
>
> No. You might want to run "make oldconfig" though, which only asks you about
> options that weren't in your old .config .

thanks :)  just what I was hoping...

One thing, If I do a make [x|menu]config, It will give me all the options
though right?? (You have confused me over "make oldconfig")

Oh and I am compiling it for the fat32 support which is in 2.0.33 right? I
didn't misread a post somewhere?

YAFQ: I got the .deb from the hamm tree, It will work in bo??

(I love acronyms... esp. when you make them up yourself.. :) )

I am only asking these questions to confirm my beliefs which I have read
from the list. :)

thanks again :)

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)