Re: PINE Debian Package

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 04:40:12PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
: On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Jason Costomiris wrote:
:
: > 1) Native support for Maildir format mailboxen
:
: and that is better?

Yes.  I'm one of those nuts who believes in reliable delivery  with an NFS
mounted mail spool. :-)  Also much more resilient, and less prone to
corruption and message loss.

: > 2) *much* more configurable than pine
:
: But is missing some key items.
:
: Put another way.  If you have to support a couple of hundred relative unix
: clueless, I would rather they use pine than mutt.  I will admit that it
: has sveraql months since I last took a look at it, I am willing to have
: another look.

If they indeed are "unix clueless", it will take forever for them to fathom
the idea of a VTY.  I can hear it now...  "pine?  Do I get that through
FTP or is it that telenet thingamajig?"  If they are indeed "unix clueless",
you'll run a POP or IMAP server and give them their pretty Windoze or Mac
mailers.

--
Jason Costomiris <><            | Linux...
jcostom@jasons.org              | "Find out what you've been missing