Re: KDE Problem - try beta4

I finally decided to give KDE another shot.  I got the beta4 .deb files
and installed them and then went to go look at /opt---these isn't one.
The beta4 KDE package is policy-compliant for those who wanted it.

KDE looked nice--though I will spend weeks trying to sort out how to make
kwm work without annoying me excessively.

I would probably much rather use it (KDE) with AfterStep I think, but
there is a lot in kwm that isn't in AfterStep and I would need to figure
out how to make it work, else I couldn't configure it.

I have since installing KDE beta4 .deb's installed AfterStep 1.4 as a .deb
(after backing up my old compiled AfterStep 1.0 from before I knew how to
make a .deb)  AfterStep 1.4 does not look as bad as people say, though I
have a feeling it won't be any nicer to KDE than 1.0 was.  I'm also not
sure I plan on keeping 1.4--I have had some annoyances with it such as
needing to teach it about 24bpp (a few symlinks to 16bpp files did this
for me) and I really want it to act more like 1.0 did if I can get it to..

Isn't there somewhere a patch for AfterStep to make it KDE-aware?

I expect when gnome moves along a little further I will be trying it as
well.  I don't much like Qt's license, though I am a little more
comfortable having it on the system now that it seems to have a brighter
future as far as not having Troll Tech pulling an Open Group stunt on us.