Re: upgrade to libc6 script?

Stephen Carpenter wrote:

[ on sites containing the autoup.sh script ]

> I can't seem to connect to either of these sites...I tried yesterday and again
> today

Same here.

> The farthest Nutscrape gets is saying "Host contacted waiting for reply"
> I am wondering if these sites work for everyone else?
> Maybe they don't like hosts whose names don't reverse lookup right?
> (here at work everything is AFU...everything is on DHCP behind a firewall
> and you can lookup an IP adress by hostname but not vica-versa..
> allot of times you can't even do that much)
> I dunno...just a thought on why it wont work....

Although I cannot get a functional connection with netscape,
I can do nslookup:

$ nslookup
> www.taz.net.au
www.taz.net.au          CNAME   taz.net.au
taz.net.au              A       203.16.167.1
> debian.vicnet.net.au
debian.vicnet.net.au    CNAME   csanders.vicnet.net.au
csanders.vicnet.net.au  A       203.10.72.230

KTDH,
Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032