Re: how to start smail on hamm?

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 11:14:16PM -0800, Britton wrote:
> I have fetchmail working with procmail as my mda, and I can see downloaded
> messages with 'mail', but when I send a message to myself (or I expect
> anyone else), I get errors.  I expect I need smail running for this to
> work?  What is the preferred way to make smail run on hamm?  Should
> fetchmail be using smail in it's mda line instead of procmail?

A friend of mine is suffering from similar problems, and suspects it might
be a problem with smail. You might want to try if using another MDA (e.g.
exim) works.

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,