X: competition for colours

Hi,

	I have a generic S3 Trio64V+ card.  Until recently it had only the
stock 1 M of memory.  With that, if I had, Netscape running and then tried
to run something else that used a lot of colour, occasionally, the second
app would fail to start up with a message like `Not enough colours'.  If I
retried once or twice to run it, it would eventually come up.

	I decided to upgrade the video cards memory.  I added a meg to bring
the card to its maximum of 2 M.  Now if netscape is running, instead of
being better, its worse.  No way to get other colour hungry stuff up without
first closing Netscape.

	Can anyone tell me what's going on, or point me to the write docs ?

	TIA,

	Gerald Crimp