Re: first kernel compile & first failed kernel !!!!!

> I suspect that you were already running 2.0.29 before you built your
> custom one.  It is possible that there were some modules in the old kernel
> that were not included in your custom kernel.
>
> Try this and see if it corrects the problem:
>
> mv /lib/modules/2.0.29 /lib/modules/2.0.29-old
>
> then immediately reinstall the kernel .deb that you built and reboot.

it worked but i have another problem,the kernel still load fine but i
found 4 suspect line when the kernel load,here are them:

cdrom can't locate module cdrom
vfat lp lp1 at 0x0378, (polling)
serial can't locate module serial

do you (or anyone here) know what it mean ??

Alain