Re: gzip question

In article <19980419030049.42232@vtech>, Norbert Veber
<nveber@vtech.dyn.ml.org> writes
>On Sat, Apr 18, 1998 at 12:11:06PM +0100, John wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a non accessible (from linux) win95 partition [0]. I have
>
>Why is it non accessible?  Linux can read windows partitions, you can mount

because it is doublespaced, and it must remain so.

>it as either msdos or vfat, if its fat32, then there is a kernel patch to
>support that somewhere.  Also why don't you just download the stuff in
>linux?  It would save you alot of grief.. :)

this I would like to do. I have pppd *support* in the kernel, but, from
the base install, apparently no dialler, and also because it was a base
install, no way of looking up the various manpages, because manpages
wasn't installed, so even if ppp were installed, I would still have
problems configuring it because I couldn't see the manpages! I can now
see them, but with groff formatting with gunzip -c bla.tgz | more (in
the mandir) so am getting there, albeit slowly.

I agree that the best way (in my case0 would be to get the rest of the
install from the net via ftp, but my only access to the net is via a
phone line (hence ppp) and ppp ain't easy to configure if it's not
present in the base install by default, and the instructions for setting
it up may/may not be there but there is no pager (man) enabled by
default, so I can't see how to set it up.

Do i sound a tad stressed? well, maybe I am, but it's not a personal
thing. :)

John