Re: Debian2.0 and tetex

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Mark Phillips wrote:

> > ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/slink/main/binary-i386/tex/
> > Just right-click on the tetex-base0.9 directory, and select 'save as'.
> > It's not particularly stable, however.
>
> What is unstable about tetex?  I am just about to upgrade to Hamm but
> given that fully functional latex2e is vital to my work, does this mean

AFAIK the teTeX included with hamm is 0.4, the last known stable one.
(notice he is talking about dists/slink). teTeX 0.9 is still beta, and
has been for a long time.

I have used teTeX 0.9 for a while, but not under Debian, and I find it
as stable as 0.4 but YMMV. The unstable things in 0.9 are probably things
not present at all in 0.4 (like omega and pdflatex).

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]