Re: A newbie chicken and egg question

In article <19980417194916.A17609@freefall.sectionIV.com>, Lee Bradshaw
<lee@sectionIV.com> writes
>if you have a vfat filesystem for windows:

I should have mentioned that the windows partition is compressed, sorry,
therefore linux can't read it directly. This is why I need a base system
capable of dialup ppp and manpages so that I can ftp what I need off the
net. pppd functions correctly as far as I can see, but the instructiond
for pon and poff and plog say look in the manpages for further info, and
manpages aren't in the base install.

What I need are the list of dependencies for manpages, the manpages
binary, how to install manpages and the same for HAMM (ie ppp dialup).
If I dload them to win95 partition, I can split them into 1.44mb chunks,
transfer them to the linux partition, stitch them back together again
and install from there.

Thanks

John