Re: Modem Help Please!!!

> I have a zoom 56k modem..I noticed that Debian and most other linux have
> support for ethernet cards but not much for regular modems...How do i
> use my modem under linux. My modem is on port 2 irq 3.. Please help if
> you can!?
>
>        Thanks
>
> Brandon at  btodd83@htc.net

first,put a enter at the end of each line in your message,it did not make
your message unreadable on my mailreader but there are other mailreader
who will put your message as one line and your message may be deleted
ASAP by a potentially bored user (think as a user who's used to be
receiving 200 messages each day's !!!).

now,for the lack of driver for modem is that the serial driver,the ppp
driver and the slhc driver is all that's needed for a ppp net
connection,i think your problem is that the modem is plug & play and this
is what cause your problem,do a check on the board (if it's an internal
modem,i dont know where to check for an external one) or check in the
manual,there may be a mode witch (hope i got the spelling right) disable
the plug & play,you should provide us with more detail because i can't
help further than this.

Alain