Re: Debian2.0 and tetex

Graham Pople (graham@jalna.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> There is a version of tetex-base 0.9 to go with the available version of
> tetex-bin 0.9. It's somewhere on Debian's FTP server, here:
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/slink/main/binary-i386/tex/
> Just right-click on the tetex-base0.9 directory, and select 'save as'.
> It's not particularly stable, however.

What is unstable about tetex?  I am just about to upgrade to Hamm but
given that fully functional latex2e is vital to my work, does this mean
upgrading would not be wise now?  If so, when is tetex likely to be
stable?  (I would like to upgrade to hamm as soon as possible so I can
install some other packages like siag.)

Thanks,

Mark.