Re: bash_2.01.1-1 segfaults

Bcc:

In article <XFMail.980417113951.ramin@uni-oldenburg.de> you write:

>Hi!
>I have problems installing this version of bash: postinst-script segfaults.
>Other scripts using /bin/sh also get segfaults now and loggin in with the new
>bash isn´t possible :-( .
>I am currently logged in as root with an old (bo) bash, so the system is quite
>useabel. I have the latest libc6, ncurses3.4 and libreadlineg.
>Previous Version of bash was 2.01-5.
>So, if there is anyone out there who can help.....

I had the same problem, with a 1.2->1.3.1->(broken)2.0 install.  Sorry
that I can't help solve the problem, as I actually compiled my own bash
2.01.1 trying to get through the hamm upgrade (unsuccessfully).   Perl
still won't install.

Anyway, thought I'd let you know that your problem isn't unique.

Regards,

-Don
--
 .sig lite