Re: Fonts in X [Off Topic]

I have installed xfstt, but it seems to be documentation-poor.
I know nothing of fonts in X (or in Windows for that matter -
I guess I am the prototypical luser).  Where would I get some
TTF fonts and where would I put them to use them?  Are there
fonts of this sort that follow the DFSG (which I would prefer)?

Paul