Re: Fonts in X [Off Topic]

I am sorry if I am clueless...

I installed xfntscl and looked in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo and Type1
for the fonts listed in fonts.scale (I assume that this is how one
determines if a font is scalable).  I then tried using these fonts
in gimp.  This worked the same way as before (strong pixellization
of the characters).  I know nothing of fonts in X.  Is there something
that I am doing wrong?  Is there a good reference on this sort of thing?

Paul