Re: kde : using kdm instead of xdm

>> On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Graham Lillico +44 1785 248131 wrote:
>>
>> > I am trying to use kdm instead of xdm, but when I run it I can not login
it
>> > just says 'login failed'.  I know the password I am using is correct.  I
am
>> > wondering if it is because I have shadow passwords installed.  Has anyone
else
>> > had this problem?
>>
>> I have just started using it and have always had shadow passwords on. Did
>> you install the debian archive kde or the kde deb files from the kde site?
>> I used the ones that I found inbetween hamm and Incoming on
>> ftp.debian.org. Cheers.

I used .deb file but not from the debian site as they are beta2, I have bete3
from the kde site as it come in .deb format.  I think what Paolo suggested will
work, but I am sure I have seem a seperate script for kdm (to replace the
'/etc/init.d/xdm' script) but I can't remember where I found it, I think this
may have been ok KDE's web site so I will check again there, but I will try
Paolo's suggestion first, unless anyone could tell me the address of this
supposed script is.

Thanks

Graham