Re: kde : using kdm instead of xdm

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Graham Lillico +44 1785 248131 wrote:

> I am trying to use kdm instead of xdm, but when I run it I can not login it
> just says 'login failed'.  I know the password I am using is correct.  I am
> wondering if it is because I have shadow passwords installed.  Has anyone else
> had this problem?

I have just started using it and have always had shadow passwords on. Did
you install the debian archive kde or the kde deb files from the kde site?
I used the ones that I found inbetween hamm and Incoming on
ftp.debian.org. Cheers.

--
Colin Telmer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
<mailto:telmerco@telmer.com>