Re: Laptop install

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Jim Lynch wrote:

> I'm trying to help a friend install Linux from a laptop.  The problem is
> that it can have a floppy or a CDROM drive installed, but not both.  The
> solution seems to be to create an root/boot installation on a Win95 hard
> disk, but I don't know how to do that.  Any suggestions?  No,
> unfortunatly he can't boot from the CDROM.  Not supported in the bios.

You could make the 5/6 install disks and then install the base system.
Then later switch to the CDROM and install the whole system from there.

Also some laptops are hot-swappable, that may be an option for you OR you
could boot from the floppy if your bios allows that.
Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	    http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa    (w) 27+21+650 2816   (h) 27+21+705 1233