X video problems

	Thank you to every one who helped me out with the mouse/modem problem,
both now work.  :)

I now can get into setup for X, I ran SuperProbe, which returned my card as

Trident gui 9680
(with 2048 ram)
 so in the setup I picked Trident gui 9680 (generic)
I took the default settings for the Monitor horizontal and vertical sync
rates, because I do not have a book for my monitor PIXIE PBC-1450 (and I
hunted the net but never found any place that had my settings eighter)
 It ran the server, but the background was think gray and black vertical
lines, and after accepting the settings so were the xterms etc., none were
readable....

Whats wrong?  is it my monitor settings, and if so does any one have the
magic numbers for my monitor?

thanks again,

	Ken