Re: MAIL -- Configuration Help Please (Fetchmail/Smail)

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 03:39:40PM -0400, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 10:18:29AM -0600, Fulgham, Brent/SCO wrote:
> > I have a ~/.fetchmailrc file that has my ISP user name and password.  I also
> > added a line saying that I want "mda formail -s procmail".  I have a
> > .forward file in my home directory, and I have a .procmailrc file.
> >
> > If I run fetchmail -c it checks my ISP and notifies me I have X number of
> > messages waiting.
>
> I would simplify the setup as much as possible to figure out what is
> broken.

Good idea.  Using procmail?  Good.  Bypass smail alltogether with the mda
keyword for purposes of testing.  "mda procmail -d you" is probably
sufficient.

If that works, the problem is possibly smail.  Now go write mail to
you@localhost and sent that.  If that works, smail is fine.

Try fetchmail in verbose mode, it'll spit out lots of crap but it's useful
for finding the problem..  The problem may even be procmail, remove
~/.procmailrc and see if mail is delivered then.