Re: mutt (was Re: A few things about Debian Hamm)

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 03:58:48PM +0200, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> > Is there some 'mutt for pine users' documentation available somewhere?
>
> Not that I'm aware of. There's a Pine.rc in /usr/doc/mutt*/examples that
> gives you Pine-like keybindings though.

That's not enough.  What I did was take the sample .muttrc and insert the
contents of pine.rc in to it.  There's one line you'll have to comment
from pine.rc, but otherwise it works.  I had much else to do with it.  If
you'd like, I can send you my .muttrc which is a little weird but you'll
get used to it fast if you're a pine user.

> > In particular, I very much like the 'search for new mail in all incoming
> > mail folders' function of the TAB key in pine. Does mutt have something
> > similar?
>
> Yes. Check out "3.10.  Defining mailboxes which receive mail" in
> /usr/doc/mutt*/manual.txt.gz .

I can't say this works AT ALL like pine.  I can use it, but it's still not
as clean as pine's was.