Re: Software RAID configuration in hamm install?

On 15 Apr 1998, Jens Ritter wrote:

> Remco Blaakmeer <remco@Cal011205.student.utwente.nl> writes:
>
> > > ...but... you have make a mistake ;-)
> > > in hamm mdutils has been replaced by raidtools
> >
> > Yes, silly me. I knew that, I just didn't think of it.
>
> I always though raidtools is for 2.1.XX and mdutils for 2.0.xx
>
> Am I wrong?

I think so. I couldn't find any requirements for 2.1 kernels in the
raidtools package. From /usr/doc/raidtools/readme.txt.gz:

=====
This is the release of the MD tools + RAIDtools.  This merges the
utilities required to support for RAID-0 and Linear modes and
the RAID-1 tools.
=====

The mdutils package only supports Linear and RAID0 modes, IIRC.

Remco