Re: New drive--->lilo warning

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 11:01:34AM +0930, Mark Phillips wrote:

> > > I have just installed a third IDE hard drive (my board supports up
> > > to 4).  I have configured the BIOS.  Now I want to use lilo to make it
> > > possible to boot from it (it currently has DOS on it), but when I try,
> > > it comes up with:

Well, it depends on your bios. I boot sometimes from hdc, which is on
my second controller. For this I have to mount the drive (which
has a complete linux system) under /mnt, because I have
image=/mnt/vmlinuz
in my lilo.conf. This tells linux to use this kernel. However, I had
to upgrade my bios, because the old version could not access
the second drive at boot time. LILO did hang when trying so.

I don´t have access to the original mail, though. Do you have

other=/dev/hdc

in your lilo.conf, or what?

Although your computer my support fourd drives in general, it may not
be able to access them all at boot time. Try upgrading your flash bios
then...