Re: New drive--->lilo warning

Mark Phillips writes:
[snip]
> I tried booting anyway but it failed, complaining that it wasn't a system
> disk.  However my Dad (whose disk it was before giving it to me) swears it
> was bootable.
>
> So what's wrong?  On my father's computer the disk was disk C: where as
> now it is /dev/hdc (that is, disk E: in dos-speak).  Could this change
> affect anything?

Why have two "DOS" bootable drives? In my experience, "DOS" only likes to see
one main bootable drive. Anyhow, back to LILO, Another gentleman on this list
had a similar LILO problem. He found out that the additional boot partition
was corrupted and as a consequence, LILO would not install properly. Any
chance that you might have a corrupted drive? Also, is the bootable flag set
for all participants in your LILO configuration file?

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK