Re: CD-rom + zip

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 11:40:55AM +0200, Marc van der Vossen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this:
> I have a Zip-drive as master IDE on my second controller and my CD-rom is
> slave on the same controller. Whenever I want to acces my CD, it spins up my
> Zip, but  doesn't  read the files. The CD-rom drive doesn't get activated at
> all.
>
> How can I configure the system to use both drives. If that isn't possible
> for now I'll live with it, but would like to have a functional CD-rom,
> because my Linux, CD's are coming in this week.
>
> Thanks in advance for your ideas,

I had a similar problem, I have a SyQuest SparQ 1 gig drive, and a cdrom.  I
put the SparQ on secondary master and the cdrom on secondary slave, but
linux would only detect my cdrom.. Then I looked at the jumpers at bit more
closely, and found that I forgot to set the cdrom to be the slave drive.  I
suspect you have the same problem.