Re: Upgrading to hamm

Jeff Noxon wrote:

> to 2.0.32 or 34pre?  My K6 is one of the ">32M bug free" ones.

You have me a bit worried....
I posted last night (througha friend) and a littlwe while ago about a
major hardware problem....
When I replaced my motherboard I also got some more RAM...
my new motherboard has 128 MB of SDRAM (single DIMM)
and I have an AMD K6 ...how do I know if my processor
is not >64 MB bug free ones?
I am pretty sure that my current problem is not CPU related (unless the
pentium also has the sam ebug) because I have swapped it out
but...I want to walk away from all of this mess with a
solid system....
-Steve

> I suspected the memory immediately and took it out.  But it appears to
> be good stuff -- 60ns Micron EDO, just like what was already in there.
> Naturally, it also passes every memory test I throw at it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
> --

-=Signature has been removed because it made an unfair comparison between NT 4
and Linux =-
replacement: (ok I admit...I am bored..its a slow day at work)
[sjc@debian ~]$fortune -o
Anything more than 3 shakes is for fun.