Re: Upgrading to hamm

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Jeff Noxon wrote:

> I have 2.0.33 running on an ABIT IT5H 2.0, K6-233 w/ 64 megs of RAM.
> It's rock solid, but when I add another 64 megs, things start to segfault
> all over the place.  Is that a symptom of this problem?  Should I switch
> to 2.0.32 or 34pre?  My K6 is one of the ">32M bug free" ones.

Let me put it this way, booting a 2.0.32 kernel is a quick and easy way to
rule .33 out, isnt it? Remember that you can have several different
kernels on your system and select which one you want at boot-time.

It would be consistant with .33's known memory corruption problems.

Some people are going to report that they run 2.0.33 without problems.
That is true in many cases but .33 will eventually get them, probably at
the worst possible moment. What I hated about it were the system lockups
on remote systems.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org