Re: why debian?

Ian Stuart wrote (Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:14:33 +0000 ):

|>I feel I must clarify my position here - I've done ally my installs from
|>FTP sites.
|>
|>It's one of the advantages of working for an Academic site....
|>
|>In this situation, RedHat seems to offer an easier install...

I have to jump in here.  If you're installing from FTP sites, you only
need 2 floppies maximum:  the rescue/boot disk and the drivers disk
(as Isabelle noted).  I've done all my installs (granted only two =))
from an academic site, and I've never used more than two disks.
Perhaps you didn't realize that the base system could be installed
over FTP?

There may be advantages to Red Hat, but I don't think they are in the
installation process...

-alan