Re: A few things about Debian Hamm

Stephen Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> writes:

> I don't believe that is true....
> I am using pine under hamm obn my pc here at work
> well..I have it installed...due to problems with firewall issues and DHCP
> I can't seem to get mail working but...
> I downloaded pine as a binary for hamm
> I saw the deb of hamm in hamm/non-free/binary-i386/mail
> -Steve

There may have been a pine binary .deb for hamm before people got the
license figured out.  The fact is, the University of Washington
forbids distributing modified binary versions of pine.  (There was a
binary .deb in bo because the license isn't perfectly clear that
that's forbidden, but if you look for it, it's there) Yes, this is
highly annoying.  Yes, many people have tried to get them to change
it, with no success.  I know many people annoyed at pine's
non-freeness have chosen to go with mutt - you may want to look at
that.

The original post also asked about the enlightenment wm.  The list of
prospective packages
(http://www.debian.org/doc/prospective-packages.html) lists it as one
that's being "worked on".