Re: why debian?

Hi,

> combination in between.  It has a good package system and does not seem to have
> as many bugs as redhat.  Although I could be wrong since red hat has a lot of
> patches.  Try them yourself and get a feel for it.

This could be interpreted several ways.  Either RedHat is quicker at
getting bugs fixed, RedHat has more bugs, Debian is slower at getting bugs
repaired or Debian has less bugs.  I tend to think that Debian is a
technically superior distribution, i.e. in the way it is put together and
managed, perhaps resulting in less bugs.  I've spoken to a colleague who
uses RedHat 5.0. He told me the initial release was _very_ buggy.  Hence,
RedHat would almost have to put out many patches.  Don't get me wrong, I
believe RedHat to be a fine distribution, too.  I just prefer Debian.

-Ossama