Re: RAID installation

On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 12:53:55PM +0200, Ulisses Alonso Camaro wrote:

> I'm planning to install hamm on a system with raid0(stripping), but seems
> to me that raidtools is not included in the base system so a raid
> installation cann't be done through the installation method, so I suposse
> the way to do this is to install the base system in a non-raid partition
> and move it over the raid partitions after the installation completes.

Hmm, you're correct, the bootdisks lack real RAID support.  I've
brought this up on the appropriate auditorium now.  I don't think
it will be changed for 2.0 but might be for 2.1.

Yes, your way is correct.  Please notice that you need take special
attention if your root file system should be a RAID.  Most of all
other directories doesn't make problems.

If you plan rootfs-raid, contact me again and I'll give you my
setup.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/ Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor /