Re: ppp Questions.

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 07:52:25PM -0500, Petra <Kevin J Poorman> wrote:
> I knew about the IP stuff what I was wondering was wether or not this
> stuff: Apr 13 19:23:00 petra pppd[11431]: sent [LCP EchoReq id=0x1
> magic=0x7df7] was healthy
It's normal. These are packages that the ppp demons on both sides send when
the line is otherwise idle, to ensure that the link is still up. There is a
ppp option to terminate a session if too many of these echo requests go
unanswered.

Just switch debug off to get rid of these messages.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *