Re: Deity and staroffice in Debian 2??

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 01:31:03PM +0100, Tristan Day wrote:

> About a month ago there were many people raving about deity, the replacement
> to dselect.
> Will it be in the Debian 2 release?

No, and it's called apt now.  It's at (last look) 0.0.5 and is not
functional yet in and of itself.  It adds the "apt method" to dselect,
which is currently http and file only.  It's quite good and makes dselect
suck much less.  The package installation is smart and efficient and time
saved installing downloaded packages over dselect's normal ftp method more
than makes up for the time lost using http in place of ftp.

> Also what about StarOffice being in the next release? I saw a .deb installer
> for it in 'unstable'.

That I don't know about.  I'm not quite up to speed on X stuff.  I'm just
starting to play with it really.