Re: [OFF TOPIC] Linus Torvalds, the man of the century

Orn E. Hansen wrote:

> Þann 10-Apr-98 skrifar Marcus Brinkmann:
> >
> >    Total Percent
> >    richard rogers 636494 7.42
> >    henry ford 555916 6.48
> >    douglas macarthur 474770 5.53
> >    bill gates 468605 5.46          <--- We can beat this poor rating!
> >    howard hughes 351237 4.09
> >    vehbi koc 350473 4.08
> >    steve jobs 336439 3.92
> >    murat arslan 205791 2.40
> >
>   Voting for Linus Tolrvalds is not a good idea.  The man is not a Titan,
> in any sense of the word... even less than Bill Gates.
>
>   Making such silly votes, is sure to disrubt the balance and help put
> Bill Gates up on the list, or is *that* your intent? to make your
> favourite maggot "Bill Gates" the Titan of the century? Do you have the
> "hots" for the man?
>
>   People like Henry Ford, and Douglas McArthur are far greater Titans,
> who are among those candidates people *should* spend their votes on.  Not
> on anal jokes, just because they have the "hots" for'em.

Sorry nobody is a titan, and *that's* why such lists are silly.

I have some headache on voting one person as figurehead of a community,
where people all over the world are involved. It does not matter if they
are called Linus, Richard or Bruce or ...

> Everything and every vote you make has a side effect.

Of course. Is Linus really "the mythical founder of free software"?

Jens

BTW:
BUILDERS AND TITANS
                    Total     Percent
richard rogers     636494     7.42 <-- who is it?
henry ford         555916     6.48
douglas macarthur  474770     5.53
bill gates         468605     5.46
howard hughes      351237     4.09
vehbi koc          350473     4.08 <-- don't know
steve jobs         336439     3.92
murat arslan       205791     2.40 <-- ???

Ask people in Europe or Asia or Afrika, so who is Titan anyway?

Jens