Re: emacs/xemacs

On Mon, Apr 13, 1998 at 07:16:15AM -0700, Richard Sevenich wrote:
> It appears that to pursue sgml in a free environment, authoring tools
> are restricted to psgml via emacs or xemacs. Is there a preference with
> respect to psgml? Further, is there a general preference in the selection
> of xemacs vs. emacs?
> Regards, Richard

Xemacs are a little more heavy but supports some really nice goodies like
curses font in console mode, multi-size font in X mode (allowing full
graphics supports) and lots of widget like buttons menus, etc... Lot of
packets come already bundle in xemacs.

Emacs are most... plain. The interface aren't that nice but you can
choice more carefully  the packages that you want in your emacs file.

Although I prefer the more display of Xemacs, I often used Emacs if
I have to do elisp development (because GNU-Emacs is the Original Emacs
and the 'de facto' standard), or at job (I find Emacs for Windows more
stable than XEmacs for Windows).

Fabien Ninoles                                  Running Debian/GNU Linux
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                      http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
WorkStation [available when connected!]:     http://nightbird.tzone.org/
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70